In today’s world, information is the alpha and omega of any company. And that works best when this information is A like automated and O like organized. Get a complete overview of plant processes in real time.
Information determines our success on the market. The art “only” consists in collecting, organizing and preparing information on a regular basis in order to subsequently draw conclusions and take the appropriate measures. In principle, that sounds pretty easy. After all, each of us already does that during a normal day at work. What is becoming more and more important nowadays, though, is that this process function in an analogue and automated fashion. And even better: You no longer have to retrieve the relevant information, since it is now made available to you.
That is the new premise according to which we at Rosendahl Nextrom now design our production solutions. The so-called “Smart Factory” is already becoming a reality with us.
RIO (Rosendahl Integrated Operation System) is our solution that meets precisely these requirements and automatically organizes and makes information available.
Here, the information about your cable production is automatically collected, aggregated, saved locally or optionally via a cloud, analyzed, reported and lastly optimized.
The advantage is that you can automatically access information about production performance, quality reports, reel protocols, error message-related statistics, energy reports, OEE figures etc.
In future, this will lead to lots of new possibilities, for example:
- Structural element identification by means of an RFID chip in order to avoid operating errors during set-up
- Problem prevention thanks to intelligent evaluation of the stored data in order to provide early warnings in case of process deviations or wear and tear on structural elements, e.g. an extruder screw
- Predictive maintenance instructions; the system gives advance notice of a line or component needing to be serviced or upgraded
Smart Factory Modules
The Smart Factory Modules of Rosendahl RIO are therefore comprised of reporting and analysis tools that provide the user with live status reports and allow him/her to retrace each of the cable making processes. For instance, each reel produced has its own special ID, which makes direct access to its data possible. From the process parameters and production times all the way to the machine operator, all the information about a reel can be read.
All data and reports can be accessed globally and irrespective of location at any time via smart mobile devices. All data are encrypted to ensure that they are safe from external threats. Maximize the value of stored information!
- Ready to use reports like OEE, energy, quality and reel protocols
- Real-time and historical data trends and reports
- Integration with Microsoft Office® via Excel® and Word® add-ins
- The user-friendly database query tool generates report data
- Data storage in a highly secure cloud environment
- Mobile reporting and analysis
- Maximum value of stored information